‘Freethought Matters’ — Quality TV for freethinkers
If you haven’t seen FFRF’s “Freethought Matters” TV show, you’re missing out on interesting discussions and intellectual repartee by and for freethinkers.
Hosts Annie Laurie Gaylor and Dan Barker talk with dozens of freethinkers, politicians, actors, writers and more about current events as they relate to state/church separation, nontheism and other topics.
Just take a look at the lineup of great guests from the most recent season:
• Nate Phelps, the freethinking son of the notorious founder of the Westboro Baptist Church Fred Phelps.
• Congressional Freethought Caucus member Rep. Jerry McNerney.
• Indian actor/activist Sushant Singh.
• Pundit Eleanor Clift.
• Actor and FFRF After-Life Member John de Lancie of “Star Trek” “Q” fame.
• Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Linda Greenhouse, the country’s leading analyst of the U.S. Supreme Court.
• Legislative stalwart and feminist and civil rights pioneer U.S. Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton.
• Eminent public intellectual Professor Steven Pinker.
• Legendary TV host, actor and singer John Davidson.
• Ann Druyan, the co-creator of “Cosmos,” possibly the most acclaimed TV series of all time.
• Prominent British philosopher and the author A.C. Grayling.
• Robert P. Jones, the CEO and founder of Public Religion Research Institute who is an expert on the intersection of religious and racial extremism.
Previous seasons included episodes with Ron Reagan, Julia Sweeney and Ed Asner, as well as U.S. Reps. Jared Huffman and Jamie Raskin, co-chairs of the Congressional Freethought Caucus.
More than a quarter of the nation has access to view “Freethought Matters” every Sunday. But even if you don’t live in one of those areas, you can catch current and past shows on FFRF’s YouTube channel (YouTube.com/user/FFRForg).
“Freethought Matters” airs in:
• Chicago, WPWR-CW (Ch. 50), Sundays at 9 a.m.
• Denver, KWGN-CW (Ch. 2), Sundays at 7 a.m.
• Houston, KUBE-IND (Ch. 57), Sundays at 9 a.m.
• Los Angeles, KCOP-MY (Ch. 13), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
• Madison, Wis., WISC-TV (Ch. 3), Sundays at 11 p.m.
• Minneapolis, KSTC-IND (Ch. 45), Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
• New York City, WPIX-IND (Ch. 11), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
• Phoenix, KASW-CW (Ch. 61, or 6 or 1006 for HD), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
• Portland, Ore., KRCW-CW (Ch. 32), Sundays at 9 a.m. Comcast channel 703 for High Def, or Channel 3.
• Sacramento, KQCA-MY (Ch. 58), Sundays at 8:30 a.m.
• San Francisco, KICU-IND (Ch. 36), Sundays at 10 a.m.
• Seattle, KONG-IND (Ch. 16 or Ch. 106 on Comcast), Sundays at 8 a.m.
• Washington, D.C., WDCW-CW (Ch. 50 or Ch. 23 or Ch. 3), Sundays at 8 a.m.
You can also receive notifications when we post new episodes of “Freethought Matters” by subscribing to FFRF’s YouTube channel.
Editor’s note: Tune in or record according to the times given above, regardless of what is listed in your TV guide (it may be listed simply as “paid programming” or even be misidentified). To set up an automatic weekly recording, try recording manually by time or channel.
And spread the word to freethinking friends, family or colleagues about this TV show, finally, that is dedicated to providing programming for freethinkers!