Published by the Freedom From Religion Foundation, Inc.FFRF.org
Former churches with better missions
Vol. 38 No. 05 June/July 2021
Share on Facebook or Twitter
Save this article
Chuck Collazzi of Arizona sent us this photo of this former church that is now the Prescott Center for the Arts Theater. It was initially the Sacred Heart Church, built beginning in 1891. In 1970, it was added to the National Registry of Historic Buildings. The stained glass interior circles above the audience area are part of the original church architecture, as are the metal walls and ceiling.
“Prescott is the heart of ‘God’s country,’ and it’s encouraging to see so many temples of ignorance bite the dust,” Chuck writes.